What is the definition of the word UNIT?
Here is a list of definitions for unit.
- any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
- an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole; "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"
- an organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
- a single undivided whole; "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
- a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else; "units of nucleic acids"
- an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
What are the synonyms of the word UNIT?
What is another word for UNIT?. Here is a list of synonyms for UNIT
Words beginning with UNIT?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with UNIT.
In which dictionaries does the word unit exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes