What is the definition of the word REED?
Here is a list of definitions for reed.
- tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites
- United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917; founded the Communist Labor Party in America in 1919; is buried in the Kremlin in Moscow (1887-1920)
- United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902)
- a vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it; "the clarinetist fitted a new reed onto his mouthpiece"
- a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
What are the synonyms of the word REED?
What is another word for REED?. Here is a list of synonyms for REED
Words beginning with REED?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with REED.
In which dictionaries does the word reed exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes